The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[hc] Michael Payne. Newport Beach, CA

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2006
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHPayne
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: [hc] Michael Payne. Newport Beach, CA Reply with quote

e-monk
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the guy behind the front desk that checks my books out when I bring them up? I LOVE that guy! Except that I normally check out a bunch of movies, instead of books. And if too many of my e-requests have arrived at the branch at the same time, the guy always offers me a plastic bag. Anyway, this was a great read. Life in Newport Beach must be easy, fish must be jumping, and the cotton must be high. I'm the last person to resent a dude out of envy, but damn you Payne! Maybe, someday, I'll get the SoCal that's coming to me.
eilverdale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: library eyes Reply with quote

Thanks so much doing this!
MHPayne
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I'm glad:

You enjoyed it. I don't watch "The OC," but I'm told my life doesn't quite pass muster with the life they portray here behind the Orange Curtain. But then I'm also told that they don't actually shoot that show here in Newport but rather up in Hermosa Beach in Los Angeles County....

Mike
e-monk
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch the OC either. I was going by your "walking by the beach front" shot.
tania del rio
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for ricicles! I love the lizard-dog-cat-mouse people!
MHPayne
Aqualad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-monk wrote:
I don't watch the OC either. I was going by your "walking by the beach front" shot.

Actually:

It's a good thing I did this report on Wednesday--the city shut down most of the ocean front walk on Thursday so they could tear it up and put in new concrete. So this thing's already a historical document!

tania del rio wrote:
Yay for ricicles! I love the lizard-dog-cat-mouse people!

Thanks! And, if you don't mind, I'll take this opportunity to plug my regular comics, both of which feature various sorts of animal people: Terebinth and Daily Grind.

For my part, I can't wait to see what John Campbell comes up with this month!

Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2006 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: