The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yirmumah says it's 4-04-05

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Rambling On
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les
Terra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Yirmumah says it's 4-04-05 Reply with quote

What is it with that guy? He's got a lousy comic and no sense of fun, apparently.

I wish I wasn't so fascinated by internet aggression.
deantrippe
Robin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh.

Dude. THANK YOU SO MUCH for poking your head out there. Yippy only responds to people with online cred like yourself. God that kid is such a moron.

EVEN IF he thinks we're all retarded and doesn't mind sounding like an ass in order to get more hits (his whole strategy), he's burning bridges with colleagues and FRIENDS of colleages. That is just STUPID.

We're going to prank him hard at SPX.

So as for my day, I've just been watching the online storm. There was even a dumb comics blog 'news' article about it:

http://digitalstrips.blogspot.com/2005/04/news-iron-man-competition-shenanigans.html

They ADMIT at the end of the article that they got the 'news,' misinformation and all off of Yippy's website. Ace journalism, fellas.
TK Longmire
Aqualad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god, I leafed through all the mud over at the CC boards and I'm just stunned. So much mud-flinging. Gosh. I'm glad I was asleep (15 hours last night bitches) for the majority of the kerfluffle.

Ed's in the right, in my opinion.

Ed, also, will probably have a heart attack by age 30.

And a LiveJournal too, wow
deantrippe
Robin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK Longmire wrote:
My god, I leafed through all the mud over at the CC boards and I'm just stunned. So much mud-flinging. Gosh. I'm glad I was asleep (15 hours last night bitches) for the majority of the kerfluffle.

Ed's in the right, in my opinion.

I swear. This is precisely the reason I put this board together and kept it a secret. Every little nobody that comes along starts his own thread and starts ranting.

OF course, there are a couple of kids that have come over from Yirmumah's board and realize he's in the wrong. That's gratifying. If it weren't for all the positve PM's and emails I've received about the matter, I'd be pretty depressed about all the angry posts. I hate seeing my name slammed (of course, sometimes they're actually complaining about Greg Dean).

Man, I agree with the ruling but wish they'd voted me out. I'd rather just be doing my comics in peace.

BTW, Scott Kurtz IS apparently the ass everyone says he is. Go fig.
Les
Terra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wishing I'd joined, since the extra exposure would really help me sell the print version of Jonny Crossbones (I should be hearing yay or nay from Dark Horse on whether they'll be publishing it after Thursday's costing meeting-- here's hopin'!), I really don't mind that I don't have internet jagoffs trying to bump me off. I liked the sort of friendly atmosphere of the first round, even if Brian was a bit of a trash-talker, which I've never enjoyed.
deantrippe
Robin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See like, trash-talk is fun when no one really means it. When punks like Yippy show up, it's definitely no fun. I'm glad I joined, because obviously the exposure has gotten me some readers.

But at this point, I'd like to just continue my comic in peace!

Oh, and good luck with the JCB book, bro. Smile
TK Longmire
Aqualad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les wrote:
I've been wishing I'd joined, since the extra exposure would really help me sell the print version of Jonny Crossbones (I should be hearing yay or nay from Dark Horse on whether they'll be publishing it after Thursday's costing meeting-- here's hopin'!), I really don't mind that I don't have internet jagoffs trying to bump me off. I liked the sort of friendly atmosphere of the first round, even if Brian was a bit of a trash-talker, which I've never enjoyed.

Dude, if you are published I am SO buying it. Johnny Crossbones is totally impressive.

And a LiveJournal too, wow
Phil
Terra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK Longmire wrote:
Les wrote:

Dude, if you are published I am SO buying it. Johnny Crossbones is totally impressive.

I wish you'd joined too, Les! More good comics to read every day would be nice (not that there is a shortage or anything).

Good luck on the JCB book!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ed brisson
Aqualad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler - I turn 30 in 8 days. Don't jinx me.

Bottom line - Yippy is a cocksucker who thrives off the negative attention. People will eventually get tired of his antics. I've been doing my best to keep things civil over on the CC boards, but man does he make it hard.

Les, I wish you would have joined this round two. Aside from Deej and Kurtz, the atmosphere is pretty mellow (even if it did take a week or so for things to settle at the beginning).
J Chris Campbell
Jericho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dryponder wrote:

Man, I agree with the ruling but wish they'd voted me out. I'd rather just be doing my comics in peace.

You should just op out and keep doing the comic without them. Think of your hero Al Gore. Smile

All Thought. No Action.
Jamie Dee Galey
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK Longmire wrote:

next week?
deantrippe
Robin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Chris Campbell wrote:
dryponder wrote:

You should just op out and keep doing the comic without them. Think of your hero Al Gore. Smile

Dude, if I could grow the beard, I would. Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Rambling On All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: