The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventures in Web-Surfing, 07-07-2005

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Rambling On
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deantrippe
Robin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Adventures in Web-Surfing, 07-07-2005 Reply with quote

So I might be moving to Nashville in August, if I can swing the cash. We'll see. Seemed like a dumb idea to me at first, by I'm kinda excited about the possiblity now. To raise money, I've been actively pursuing more work, and working all day like a dog.

I've responded to like twenty job postings from DigitalWebbing.com. I've gotten a lot of responses, mostly "will you work for free?" and "we'll keep you in mind for other projects" but a few low-paying gigs that'll help me out. Some coloring, some drawing. I've got about ten projects I'm working on right now and I'm also thinking about getting a part time job before the move.

Between all this and the work I've got with Javi and Design Press, I should be able to make this work. I hope.

I've also been pimping my stuff on some new message boards, namely The Drawing Board, The Digital Webbing Forums, even Newsarama. It's funny though, because some places respond to my kind of style or coloring and some don't. This is totally normal, it's just funny in some cases. The Digital Webbing Forums have been particularly funny, since they're really geared toward amateur superhero stuff and over-rendered colors. Here are two REAL responses I got from postings this week:

"I dont generally like this style of art, but it sure makes for a nice break from the "normal" super hero style stuff."

"well ok its not technical big great fancy coloring stuff but i guess you werent going for that. highlights well placed!"

Haha. Rolling Eyes

BONUS, in case you missed it, my Captain America illo for the 4th of July.
Jamie Dee Galey
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont move away dean i will miss you :'(
deantrippe
Robin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie Dee Galey wrote:
dont move away dean i will miss you :'(

Honestly, the fact that I'm not leaving you internet pals is one of the only things that keeps me from thinking this move is impossible. I mean, I don't know any of these people in Nashville that are now going to be all my 'real-life' friends. I don't know ANY of them.

WHAT IF THEY DON'T PLAY HALO?

I'm so glad God invented the internet.
Gil
Terra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I thought God invented Al Gore who invented the Internet . . .
deantrippe
Robin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil wrote:
But I thought God invented Al Gore who invented the Internet . . .

MYSTERIOUS WAYS, GIL, MYSTERIOUS WAYS.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Rambling On All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: