The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rev. Elgaroo Brenza - Baltimore, Maryland, USA [complete]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elgaroo
Jericho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Rev. Elgaroo Brenza - Baltimore, Maryland, USA [complete] Reply with quote

*THESE COMICS CONTAIN SOME "ADULT" LANGUAGE*

NOTE! i am particularly bad at drawing people (without taking LOTS of time)! i have attempted to depict several aquantances in these comics. most of them look practically nothing like their subjects. if you are depicted and it looks hideous, i am that bad at drawing, PLEASE do not take offense!P i have tried to keep real people somewhat annonymous, but if you would like to be named / credited / linked to / whatever, just let me know.

TMI for the curious:

this is pretty much my first comic ever, other than a single four-panel comic i did in high school... i've also never really drawn very seriously, and have hardly drawn at all even un-seriously in many years... i have been a big fan of comics and have thought about them a lot and wanted to make some for a long time though, and i hope this inspires me to keep making them.D

i first woke up on Hourly Comic Day around 5:23 am. i'd been a bit under the weather, and my regular sleeping patterns were a bit disrupted. i'm usually pretty nocturnal, so it was very odd and random for me to wake up so early. i wasn't even really very awake for the few hours before i went back to sleep, but i did notice around 8 am that it was Hourly Comic Day (i'd set an alarm to remind me for 10 am, the earliest i could imagine being awake) at that point i did draw a couple comics, but went back to sleep until around 2 pm, a much more reasonable hour for me to be waking up, and when i consider myself to have awoken properly. hopefully no one is put off by the couple hours of initial, undocumented drowsiness, but i can assure you, i was just dicking around on the internet the whole time (mostley Wikipedia) and you're not missing anything.P

i penciled and inked "live", scanned LATE on the 2nd (at/after work) did digital layout and VERY minor cleanup on the 3rd, and am now posting LATE again on the 3rd. i've been pretty sick since the 2nd, so sorry about the slowness...P i have not bothered spell-checking, and am a terrible speller. get over it.D also, while i do have some experience with scanning and Photoshop, i have no real experience with drawing or lettering for the web... i'm sorry some of the finer lettering and details haven't well weathered the reduction of resolution.P i will maybe try to make available slightly higher-res versions, or translations / notes, on my website, or possibly even print some out if there's demand for them...

you can also view this comic (possibly at a slightly higher resolution) on my website, once i post it:

http://elgaroo.13th-floor.org/hourly2009.html

i will also endevour to link each strip image (here and there) to individual strip pages with accompanying explanitory notes etc., so feel free to click on the strips. this may take longer for me to post them, but i probably will eventually...P

why? that's just how i roll.)

i also roll with HTML, but hopefully this BBCode stuff won't give me too much trouble...

PEACE!D

feedback appreciated, but come on, it's an hourly!)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
felneymike
Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your name sounds like a 419 scammer XD

But anyway the drawing of Linda is cool. Reminds me of somebody i was at school with
zhafnium
Jericho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Flux looks like a cat who is not to be messed with, especially if you are a headless chicken.
elgaroo
Jericho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: replies... Reply with quote

felneymike:

really? a particular one? oh, just in general, with the "Rev" and funny name and all, eh? i'm with the Church of the Subgenius (amongst other things) and we have much better and funnier ways of trying to scam people out of thier money (and souls) than silly 419 scams.)

i'd be happy to send you a picture of me holding a fish with a loaf of bread to my head tho... for a nominal fee...)

thanks, yeah, i rather like the drawing of Linda too... i was drawing from a photo, so i could actually take my time, and it even kinda looks like her a bit i think, at least to me.P it does help to have a cute model, tho.D

zhafnium:

Mr. Flux is usually quite sweet (if occassionally a pain, like when he's stealing my eraser! found it under the chair.) and not nearly so vicious, but he gets VERY excited when he's playing with his chicken! the voice box is impact sensitive, so, having no opposable thumbs, he has to throw the thing around QUITE vigorously to get it screaming; it really is a bit hideous, especially since he ripped the head off (and the eyes off the head!) but he's a bit more gentle with some of his other toys, such as his beloved unicorn.3

but yeah, if i were a headless chicken, or pretty much any kind of chicken, i'd definately keep away!!!P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tavery
Jericho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golly, I love the drawing of Linda. It seems a lot of your day revolved around food issues. I too know the cream of chicken blues...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2009 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: