The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark Sepe - Pittsburgh, PA

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homilyandtoast1
Aqualad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Mark Sepe - Pittsburgh, PA Reply with quote

So I was going to do hourly comics this year, but then -- like last year -- I decided I can't draw.

This year I did something different: I made hourly poems. I have been running a digital poetry journal / podcast since the beginning of July, and I used this space for the project.

Like John Campbell I decided to do everyday of January until Feb 1. BUT since I didn't decide to undertake this task until Jan 7, there is nothing for the first week.

These poems range from completely horrible to actually good. The rules I imposed for myself were: auto-bio with no revision, no editing, and all done in one shot. Each poem took from 1 minute to about 15 minutes -- nothing more, nothing less. Please remember this if/when reading through so you don't judge me too harshly.

Thanks for looking!

http://homilyandtoast.podbean.com

Mark Sepe

Last edited by homilyandtoast1 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
thejazzman
Aqualad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2/01/10's hourly poem at 10:48 a.m. was absolute genius. I didn't know poems could be so emotionally moving!
homilyandtoast1
Aqualad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile thanks!
thejazzman
Aqualad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome.
joshpm
Kid Flash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a pretty novel idea! I got pretty into modern poetry last year, so your challenge seems fairly intriguing, I might give it a shot for a day sometime soon!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2010 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: