The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hourly comic day 2011 guidelines

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2011
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stereotypist
Terra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: hourly comic day 2011 guidelines Reply with quote

i didn't make hourly comics in january but you can in february if you like

beginning the hour it becomes february first, in your time zone, you will make a journal comic describing your past hour, for every hour that you are awake.

SO let's say that you are awake at 7:37am. make a comic before 8am! and when you have done that, you will need to make another comic sometime before 9am!

you will do this every hour until it becomes february 2nd! (midnight!) OR until you go to bed and stay asleep past midnight.

the internet part:

any time afterwards, but hopefully within the next day or so (or maybe right at midnight), scan all the comics you made, and crop/resize them so they fit comfortably in a browser. 600 pixels for the width or height is probably the absolute largest they should be. 400 pixels square is a pretty good size.

you'll then need to upload the pictures somewhere so that other people can see them. if you don't have a server, try photobucket or imageshack.

THEN, and pay careful attention here, post your day's comics in a new thread, in this forum. because there might be a decent number of people doing this, i'm going to ask that you adhere to a little format! post only your comics, in order, in this new thread. make the subject as follows:

name - location

so when i post my comics, the subject of the new thread that i create will look like:

john campbell - chicago, il

this helps us know what time zone you're in and such! you can look at past years for examples.

more general things:

this isn't a competition at all! it's actually not impossibly difficult to make a comic every hour. perhaps you'll find it startlingly easy! if you want a challenge, you might want to make the comics more visually complex. some of you may have the opposite problem of spending too much time on each comic. simplify! make it minimal enough to leave you time to do something during the day.

buy a little book or something to carry around with you. in past years i've used little moleskines.

you may want to do a test run to see if you live a life such that you can stop and comic once an hour. this is especially true for people who go to school or have jobs. please don't get fired or kicked out of class or what have you.

if you need any more clarification, go ahead and ask!
MarlynnOfMany
Blue Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to set up a mailing list for Hourly Comic Day? I have no good way of remembering when it happens, and I just found out too late that I missed it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2011 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: