The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lem "Hot Soup" Pew - Minneapolis, MN (complete)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotSoup
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Lem "Hot Soup" Pew - Minneapolis, MN (complete) Reply with quote

steffox
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was... really deep! I think I remember you, but I guess I can't find your exact comic to remind myself.
I tried to do the webcomic thing in 2005 (Ganalath the Extraordinary, also dead and gone but reposted on Tumblr) and got through a year (I think?) before I had a falling out with the writer. It was pretty sad because we had such big hopes for it, but I ended up dating and then marrying the website managing guy, and we recently made the move to Minneapolis (what led me to pull your comic up) so he can go to school. I am hoping to go back to school too, and keep up these weird practical dreams of becoming a licensed architect. It's really funny sometimes what little things we do that really impact our lives in the biggest ways!
But yeah, instead of making me laugh, you daily comic is making me think and reminisce and I think we're in a good place, you and I. :D Thanks for the awesome comic today!
And I'll totally watch out for your new work.

-Steph
Pabba
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked how you put your hourlies together. Excellent use of post-it notes. Very Happy
HotSoup
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It wasn't scripted, and the train of thought started on my morning commute before I even remembered it was HCD. So that was about as organic and free flowing I get. I'm a bit embarrassed by it, but my wife approved of it's authenticity, so I guess if it got past her critical net, it was okay to share.
Amber
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a good read, thank you for sharing.
HotSoup
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for reading. Smile
Sophiekhara
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Thank you.
HotSoup
Aqualad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little curious what others were getting out of this (it seems too personal to be relevant), but I've gotten a few emails from people just wanting to share their own stories about the past. I feel less weird about dumping out my brain now.
Twilit_Soul
Aqualad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: :| Reply with quote

HotSoup wrote:
I was a little curious what others were getting out of this (it seems too personal to be relevant), but I've gotten a few emails from people just wanting to share their own stories about the past. I feel less weird about dumping out my brain now.

Don't feel weird! I would expect that to have taken some bravery, dumping out how you feel like that. It was really quite depressing, but not in a bad way. I'm really glad that you're happy, and really sad that things haven't turned out like you wanted [so far!]. For what it's worth, I have Blank It on an RSS feed and my girlfriend and I have loved it. I hope your happiness does continue, and that you do eventually get what you were/are looking for out of your comics.

Thanks a lot for sharing that. It was really deep, and you don't seem like a hack at all.
MarlynnOfMany
Blue Beetle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognized Blankit more than HotSoup, which I suppose could be seen as a good sign -- you're still doing great things, with much potential. Blankit is awesome and unique. Rock on.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2012 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: