The Forums Forum Index The Forums
Message board for the various projects at TenCentTicker.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[hc] Steve Cake, Brighton, UK [completed]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cake
Aqualad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: [hc] Steve Cake, Brighton, UK [completed] Reply with quote

Hey everybody, this is my first post. I had to buy a scanner today so I could upload these. I drew everything on biro and notepaper I swiped from work. Yay for the revolution! Sorry about the artwork (I had to look like I was working...) anybody else stealing lo-fi art supplies from work?

Last edited by Steve Cake on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve Cake
Aqualad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: I must be the odd one out here Reply with quote

I don't seem to own a cat...
Busk
Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let other people do the cat-owning, too.

A salute to blue collar democracy! One of my favorite drawing tools is a cheap uniball pen I (permanently) borrowed from work.

I LOVE THIS COMIC, MAN!! Everything is labeled so neatly, it appeals greatly to my librarian marm.

Tuvan throat singing! The Noon Dwindler - yeah, that was superb! (and I notice that a few of us have illustrated feeling sick...and we all work in offices...hmmmm....)

Maybe next year for HCD I'll buy a scanner....
Steve Cake
Aqualad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Victoria. I was unsure about the labels. It's normally indicative of a failure in the artwork but I just found myself in full-on "work mode" when I was cranking the panels out and the labels just insisted themselves upon it.

It was a good experience doing this. I can actually draw properly (or so I claim). I just didnt on the day for some uncontrollable reason and it seemed logical to use stolen work supplies to do it rather than my usual pen and ink...
Steve Cake
Aqualad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Victoria. I was unsure about the labels. It's normally indicative of a failure in the artwork but I just found myself in full-on "work mode" when I was cranking the panels out and the labels just insisted themselves upon it.

It was a good experience doing this. I can actually draw properly (or so I claim). I just didnt on the day for some uncontrollable reason and it seemed logical to use stolen work supplies to do it rather than my usual pen and ink...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Forums Forum Index -> Hourly Comic Day 2007 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: