Note: Our guidelines have recently been updated, so please read them carefully to avoid having your artwork rejected on technicalities.
1. To submit artwork to Project: Rooftop, simply email your image in JPG, GIF, or PNG format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. PLEASE FORMAT THE FILE NAME AS “artist-name-character.format” as this will save me a ton of time renaming your files.
3. Include your name and website, and feel free to include your thoughts on your design if you want, but it will be up to the reviewer whether or not to include your text in their review.
4. Unless otherwise specified, it is important to keep in mind that the task is generally not to re-imagine the characters, but to revise ONLY their costuming, as if it is to be used in current continuity. Always try to create a better costume than the design currently in use, not merely a variant.
5. Be sure to include enough visual information in your drawing that another artist could draw your costume without having to invent much of it themselves. Generally, a full-body frontal shot is the most easily accepted, but feel free to include multiple shots in one image.
6. Do not submit artwork that is not your own, or images that are “swipes” of more famous artists’ works. These will be rejected immediately, and you may be publicly ridiculed.
7. Project: Rooftop does not guarantee that submitted artwork will ever appear on this site, and while we make no claim on submitted fan redesigns, we do not represent the trademark and copyright owners, whose rights are respected at P:R.
8. If you have to put the character’s name in the image, you haven’t done your job. So don’t even bother with that. Please avoid adding text to the image, beyond your signature.
9. If you have any questions, feel free to email them to the address above. We’re more than happy to help!